Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Two Things To Get Off My Chest

Just got back from storage.  Had a half-hour to get my Shammies, which I thought were in there.  They were, but I had to take a couple minutes to reach them because I have a pile of stuff in my unit.  Because of that, I took more than a half-hour to get back home, and so I missed the very beginning of the Jeopardy: Greatest Of All Time.

I hate when I miss the beginning of things.  If I miss the start of a movie, chances are I will pay once again to watch the beginning of that same movie.  (Did it with Avengers: Endgame.)  I don't have cable or satellite, so I can't rewind to the beginning of the show.  And even though I was able to catch the beginning of Single Jeopardy, missing the very beginning is going to chafe my hide forever.

And the thing is, even though the storage place isn't too far away, I had an inkling that it would take me more than 30 minutes to go and come back.  I still cannot believe that my storage unit isn't close enough whereby I could just dash in, grab stuff, and get back within a half-hour.  But, due to some rummaging around, what I feared would happen did happen, and because of that I missed the beginning of something that I really, really didn't want to miss.  Dammit.

---

Oh, and for the record, the combined snowstorms Monday morning and evening (if I have the times correct) totaled less than three inches.  I am noting that because there's supposed to be a snowstorm that will match that combined total tomorrow, and there is supposed to be an even bigger one come Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment