Sunday, October 11, 2020

Nightmare

So in this nightmare, I woke up in the afternoon, a bit past 3 p.m.  I dawdled because I was subbing in for someone at work (my real job) second shift.  I dawdled till a bit past 4 ... when I realized that I had to be at work at 3:30.  And I was berating myself for not understanding when I needed to be at work, especially when (at least according to the "life" I was leading in my nightmare) I had worked second shift before, so I should have known that I had to get to work at 3:30 and not, probably according to my thinking in my nightmare, 4:30.

Grandmother was alive and there.  On my rush out of the house she stopped me by giving me things.  Not just food to take to eat, but also clothes she wanted me to wear.  And I got more and more frustrated by her recommendations that just slowed me down.  And then I woke up.

---

This weekend I have come upon a couple epiphanies.  I'll share them later.  But this nightmare I think has taught me something.  Yesterday/Saturday morning I got repeatedly exasperated when I sat down to eat lunch with my parents and Mother kept telling me there's more food to eat.

Maybe this nightmare is telling me that my exasperation over being told to do this, to eat that, to wear this didn't start with Mother.  I don't remember a precise memory of Grandmother hectoring me like that (although, come to think about, there was at least one time when I was young that Grandmother told me to put these clothes on).  But maybe my subconscious is telling me that my annoyance over ... this did not start with Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment