Monday, October 19, 2020

A Bad Day, Although It Was Not A Bad Day At Work

This was not a good day; ironically, however, my day at work was really good.  No supervisor or boss breathing down my neck, no big issues I had to deal with, no mistakes I made (at least not that I know of), that dude in Filing not being a dick.  (Well, I have this cart I was working off of all day, and a few times he needed to grab a form from it, and moved the cart towards him but didn't push it back towards me once he was done.  That's an inconsiderate microaggression, but all day, a few people did the same thing.  Eh, ain't no big deal.)  But things I saw during and happened around work brought me down, and really, the next few days are going to be bummers.

What do I mean?

  • So I was supposed to talk to this recruiter for this Big Date Boot Camp thingy at 5:40.  Work was so slow that I was able to get out of there early, and so I called him in the hopes that I could go through my stalling, "working on finding the money" message and then just go home without waiting.  I called twice; he wasn't there.  The second time I left a voicemail saying I'm still "working on finding the money"; it was 5:38.  Waited in my car until 5:46.  I thought it was my opportunity to turn off my phone and go home.  If he left a message, I'll return it tomorrow.  Wondering how he'll react.
  • I talked about the time and brainpower I spent calculating all the paid time off I needed to use before I lose it at the end of the year.  Well, the company sent an e-mail today saying that they're making a one-time exemption and they are allowing employees to carry over 80 Hours of time off instead of 40.  So all that work -- fucking gone.  Shit.  Fuck me.  It's not just the best laid plans that have gone to shit.  I can now cancel all the requests for time off I've taken for most of the rest of the Fridays this year and save it, just in case, for next year.  But I don't want to, at least not right now, because I now have my mind, and my heart, set on taking all this time off in 2020.  And now I have to consider changing my plans?  Why couldn't the company fucking make this decision back in August, when I started plotting all these days off?
  • Yesterday, coming home from that shitshow of a Vikings Game, I was listening to The Current and the DJ said we were going to have a blizzard tomorrow/Tuesday.  What?!?!?!  I didn't hear that on the news Saturday night!  Well, I checked the Internet while at work and, sure enough, there's going to be a lot of snow tomorrow.  That absolutely sucks because I planned on going to one of the bars where our ex-alumni club watches Games and tell him I'm not comfortable hosting those parties this year.  It was perfect because I could get there at 6, just after work, just as parking at the meters goes to free.  After tomorrow I revert to my usual schedule, and if I leave work at 4, I have to pay for two Hours' worth of parking, and I don't want to do that.  And hey, the ground is still warm -- will there really be five inches of snow that piles up, or is this one of those cases where that snow just melts on contact?  Man, I need to talk to the people at this bar, and the one good day I can see them there's supposed to be a fucking snowstorm?
Father packed hard-boiled eggs for work.  I spent all 15 Minutes of my afternoon break ripping the shells off of both eggs.  I was sighing the whole time I was doing it.  And I haven't stopped sighing since.  Life is just one big pain-in-the-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment