Saturday, October 31, 2020

Staying In, And Trying To Do Work, For Halloween

I can't go out today.  I want to, really do.  I don't celebrate Halloween by dressing up, so I usually make sure I clear out of the house so I don't hear any awkward doorbell rings from trick-or-treaters.  I then would go down to Hooters to see the waitresses dressed up (usually like babes), then go to a stripclub, or two.  Often I have gone to My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Version), but I won't this year because of the pandemic.  I have also gone to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition), sometimes after going to My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Division), but they're closed for good now, so I can't do that this year or any year from now on.

So I am planning on staying at home.  I am keeping to my bedroom as much as possible.  I might open up my window, maybe not.  Come dusk, I will keep the lighting to a minimum to ward off trick-or-treaters and watch sport and/or Saturday Night Live and/or It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, which, for the first time ever, will not be broadcast on free TV.  (Instead it'll be on Apple TV -- egads!)

That is, if I am man enough to do the three big things I need to do today, which are:
  1. Help my sister edit another paper of hers.  It's dense with words she insists are real and need to be kept in the paper.  I just read the first page and my head already hurts.  Oh, and she wants this back today.
  2. It's high time I e-mail all the members of my ex-club about my plans not to organize Game-watching parties.  They start next week, and since it is college football Saturday, it makes sense to do it now.  Hell, it's already too late.
  3. Oh, and I need to blog today.  At least I can knock this off the list.
I was thinking today would be less work and more relaxing.  It's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment