Saturday, January 27, 2024

I Want To Improve! I Am Going To Get Better!!

So I have immediately brought my laptop in to get fixed.  I was going to go to a huge place down in St. Louis Park.  But after taking a quick look around Yelp (yeah, I know, but I am desperate), there was a recommended place very close to where I live.  I wasn't able to call the store because it apparently is just a cellphone and the mailbox was full (red flag?), but the good reviews and the proximity to home compelled me to drive over there to see if the place was open.  And it was.  And the guy (I'm guessing he's the owner) was there, and I dropped off the lap, and I was gone in about five minutes.  I am holding out the possibility that, if the problem is basic enough, I can get my laptop back before he closes his store today.  If so, I will develop a sense of self-pride for being proactive.  Yeah, I am thirsty for the use of my laptop.  But instead of sulking or doing nothing, I am doing something -- which, granted, will involve money and may involve hundreds of dollars if the problem is serious enough.

However, unlike with getting the car back, after which and from this point through now I am casting side-eye at my car because I'm scared as hell it'll throw up those damn indicator lights again, when I left my laptop with this guy, I felt optimism.  I think my lap will be fixed, and it will be as good as new.  I have no evidence to think I'm right to feel this way.  Maybe it's because there's no way I can drop as much money on this laptop fix as I did on the car fix (unless the worst-case scenario occurs and the laptop is gone for good ... which is why I should start looking for good laptops to replace this one even if I do get this one back).  But I feel good for some reason.  I trust this guy, whom I just met last night, to figure out why in the hell my lap won't function like it did up to last night.  And I feel like I have taken a positive step toward doing something good for myself.  Yes, it's just a laptop.

---

Meanwhile I am using Father's very old computer again to blog post this.  I wanted to do it on his new desktop, but I still can't get the goddamn keyboard and mouse to work.  I figured out how to get the on-screen keyboard on-screen, but there's no way I am going to type out everything I'm typing out here on a monitor.  So I'll risk getting my privacy breached just so I can type on a keyboard like I'm doing now.

Yeah, I need a laptop to use very, very soon.  But I think my life will get better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment