Saturday, January 20, 2024

I'll Miss You, Rental Car

As much as I had complained in a previous blog post about not wanting to use my rental car, I just did, down to my favorite late-night coffeeshop.  And I did it just because -- the stripper party I planned on going to apparently fell through, I watched the hockey Games on TV (thank goodness sports seem to coming back from cable and satellite to over-the-air), and I was bored.  I didn't have to go.  But finally, I gravitated to the fact that I already paid for use of this rental car, and I might as well use it to go somewhere.  So I did.  And I didn't do much while at the coffeeshop, but the ability to go where I want in the area was something I wanted to know I could still do.

And you know, the car ain't bad.  I still chuckle that I got a rental that says it needs service.  Also, it's a bit big for me, the parking brake automatically kicks in whenever I turn off the car so that I have to disengage it when I start driving it again, and I kept banging my head against the top of the car as I was getting in.  But I was getting used to the controls.  For example, I am liking the dial in the middle console that I used to switch radio stations.  I could even use it without taking off my glove, something that I instinctive take off whenever I am in my car.  And again, it's a car that works.

So I'll miss you, rental car.  And you know, I'm still so scared of my parents' minivan now that I think I'll pay for another rental car for another 48 hours next week until the car finally gets fixed.  For all I know, I'll get that same car.  Wouldn't bet against it!

No comments:

Post a Comment