Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 New Year's Resolutions

I made them a long, long time ago, but I hadn't since because it was depressing to see me fail to keep them so often.  But I have reflected a bit late in 2023 and thought of some resolutions I want to work on.

I resolve to not think about doing violence to people who have wrong me while I'm daydreaming.  It's a waste of time, I sabotage my day, and my heart rate goes up whenever I think it.  I need to stop that.

Also, and this might be contradictory, I resolve to speak my mind more.  I think I do that already, and that's a product of old age, specifically not caring about what people think of me and feeling as though my age gives me some standing in public.  But I still have opinions, and I shouldn't be afraid of voicing them.

And you know, I resolve to drive a lot calmer.  I hate doing that, but because of my recent brushes with car catastrophe, I think I need to go easier on my car, and that means accelerating easier and settling on a slower top speed.  I have to keep this one for a while.

I think those are enough resolutions.  I don't want to break any more than these.  And more difficult resolutions, such as eating better and watching my weight ... yeah, let's not get grandiose here.

No comments:

Post a Comment