Friday, January 26, 2024

And Now My Laptop Went To Shit On Me

I am typing this from Father's very, very old desktop, the one that still runs on Windows 7.  (My God, someone is going to be able to hack this computer and take all my information, won't they?)  My laptop froze just now, so I held down the power button and did a hard shutoff, and even though the keyboard lights come on, when I press in the power button, it doesn't turn on.

Fuck me.  I am totally fucked when it comes to backup.  I have my phone, but I can't blog on that.  (Thank God, also, that I was able to rescue my iPhone from what looked to be a very, very bad software update.)  I was going to use Father's new desktop, but for some goddamn reason I can't get the keyboard or the mouse to work.  This is so fucked up.

After shelling out two grand to get my car fixed, of course I will need to shell out more money to get my lap fixed -- or get a new laptop.  I just need a way to get on the Internet while my lap is in the shop, and this decade-old monitor with the gigantic text because Father is blind is my only hope.  This fucking sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment