Sunday, January 7, 2024

Shrink's On Something Again

Arranged to speak with my psychotherapist on Friday after work.  Actually texted him about it; didn't arrange it through his secretary.  Texted him at the time we were supposed to talk.  And he didn't call me.  Again.

Later that evening he both texted and called me.  This time around he said that the alarm was going off at his place.  He said -- and I couldn't quite hear him, either because the line was bad or he was mumbling, or both -- that the police came out to either his place or the place next door, and he was so preoccupied all day that he forgot that we were supposed to talk.  Or something.  Honestly, this is new from him.  Do I believe it?  I don't know if I care about how different his excuses are anymore.  This is yet another missed appointment from him, and this time I spoke to him directly that we would talk on Friday.  Seriously, what the hell gives?

He has gotten increasingly strange, and this time has ratcheted that up a bit.  In the past he has left strange, almost indecipherable texts for me that he says is a result of a buggy phone.  Around Friday night, when he called me, he sent me about a dozen (maybe more) voice texts.  I didn't ask for those.  In fact, I have never gotten a voice text from anyone through text.  (I've gotten some from a distant relative on WhatsApp, and she is also strange.)  He doesn't talk when he says we are going to talk, and he makes up for it by blasting me with a series of weird texts?

I ... I don't know about him anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment