Friday, January 19, 2024

Not In A Good Place Right Now

I don't know why, but my mood over the car and everything else has crashed over the evening.  I had a deep nap of about half an hour after I cut short my phone session with my therapist over the phone because I was profoundly drowsy.  Usually, naps help me feel better.  But whether it was the unfairness over shelling out two grand for a new timing chain or the asshole who beeped at me on my way home from Target and Kentucky Fried Chicken for not doing a U-turn fast enough for him (get off me, fucker, I was waiting for the car to take a right before me and I didn't want to hit him!!!), I feel stressed, overwhelmed, and tired.

One thought continues to stick out at me as I type this: I don't want to use the car that I have rented.  Don't know why.  It works just fine, it serves my needs, and like I said in my previous blog post, I rented the car because I wanted to just fucking drive a car that wasn't going to give me any goddamn problems, even if it was only for just 48 hours.  (Still think that getting a rental that says service is due for it is a stupid, ironic joke, but it drives fine.)  And at $114 (plus gas) for two days it seems like a steal to me, even though I might be totally fooling myself.  Still, I don't like it.  I guess I hate that I don't trust my parents' minivan right now, with it unlocking itself and the door open indicator light coming on while I drive.

Or, maybe I don't like that I have to wake up at 6 to go to work.  Anyway, there's a decent chance I might rent another car for two days next week to tide me over until I get the car back.  I can get a rental for less than $100.  Can you believe it?  I might get over both my reticence over renting the car and my bad mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment