Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Clothes I Am Giving To Goodwill

  • The green Joe Boxer thermal underwear top.  I bought this from the K-Mart that used to be close by before it closed.  God, the memories there when I was young.  Anyway, there are big holes in both armpits, the left elbow is pretty shredded, and the right elbow is starting to be.
  • A patterned pillowcase, one with a series of concentric diamonds, each side of which is a different color from the other sides of its diamond but the same color as the side that is radiating out, if that makes any sense.  This is so old I remember Grandmother using it.  (Miss her.)  It has a hole at the closed end, so of course that end isn't closed anymore.
  • Khaki-colored GAP khakis, loose boot fit, 29x30.  It fit me once, but no more.
  • A brand of jeans from Outdoor Life, a brand I've never heard of, so my parents got me this when they went to, like K-Mart or Kohl's.  Regular fit, 32x30.  Also fit me once, but no more.
  • My green thermal underwear pants from Duluth Trading Co.  The elastic is no longer elastic.
  • Lee khakis, 32x30, the ones you don't iron.  Don't fit me anymore.  By the condition of the khakis, I wonder how many times I worn these.
  • Blue and beige square-patterned shorts from Canyon River Blues.  The pockets in the back had Velcro to shut it.  I remember Mother and I going to the Sears in Brookdale right from work at The Store because she wanted to buy something, and she encouraged me to buy something, and I needed shorts, so I got these that came with its own belt.  I do not know where the belt is.  They were good, roomy, and in my opinion stylish shorts.  Unfortunately I got fat enough to where the button popped out.  Also, these shorts were so thin that there is a huge horizontal rip on the back right side, right around where the bottom of my ass would be.
  • Black or dark navy Gap khaki shorts, relaxed fit.  Only says 31; guess there is no need for an inseam measurement when it comes to shorts.  No longer fit in it.  The button has popped loose and is literally hanging by a thread.
  • Brown Dockers, D3 (?), classic fit, 30x30.  These are some professional-looking khakis.  Unfortunately, my belly outgrew it.
  • Mustard yellow khakis from Hunt Club, another label I've never heard, which is more evidence that my parents bought it for me, even though the purple label on the inside of the waist gives the pants some panache.  Measures 32x30, but as I can see from the lack of a button, I have gotten too damn fat for this one as well.
Ten pieces of clothing, all of which I will be donating after work today, January 23, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment