Wednesday, January 3, 2024

My iPhone Is Good As New (Even Though My Battery Definitely Is Not)

It might be too late because I didn't really think of it before the end of last year, but maybe a resolution I could make for the New Year is to ask for help sooner.  Case in point: My phone.

I have blog posted at how finicky my cellphone was in charging.  The plug going into the charging port was loose ever since I returned from Hawai'i last year, and it was often frustrating to try and get the phone to charge, and sometimes even when it did, it would somehow lose that connection and stop charging.

I had tried many times to clean out the port assuming that was it, but it didn't work.  Finally, I decided to go to an Apple Store and see if they could do something about it.  I went to the one in Rosedale on the Saturday before Christmas, and even though the place was packed and I didn't think I would have enough time to wait around before they called me, I was able to see someone two minutes after I checked in.

Yeah, so it was the port and not the charger.  There was lint in there that I failed to get out.  The "Genius" who helped me cleaned out that hole, and now, as I plug my power bank into my iPhone, there's a snap that secures the plug into the socket, and I see the iPhone start charging, and there is absolutely no wiggling around.  It's as if it's new ... well, except for the fact that my battery is still leaking energy.

One other thing: The "Genius" tried to test out my cleaned-out phone with a plug that comes up through the service desk table, but my iPhone didn't charge.  She then said that it might be time for an upgrade.  She said that my iPhone could get me $120 off towards a new one.  Well, seeing as my charging issues are no longer an issue and that the plug she used at the Apple Store probably doesn't work, I will chalk up her "recommendation" to trying to upsell me in order to fulfill her commission.  Hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment