Sunday, January 28, 2024

Lazy Saturday? Yeah, Time To Take A Walk

I rarely use my day planner to write down a daily tasks list, but I did (for the third time this month, granted) wrote one for yesterday/Saturday.  A lot of stuff I had to do outside -- the bank to look at some stuff for my parents, then the library (two of them; the first one didn't have an old Consumer Reports I wanted to look at).  But then I noticed that it was quite warm for late January -- above freezing, no ice to slip on.  Add that while it was damp, it was comfortable to go outside, and hey, it was an overcast sky, something I totally love.

So, while I still haven't gone through my stuff and I guess I could have done my laundry, I decided, after eating Dairy Queen and before I headed out again to take advantage of a $3 Little Caesars pizza deal (dang, this place is basically handing out pizzas!), that I was going to take a walk in the park.  Moreover, I wasn't going to drive to the local park; I was going to park at home, then walk to the park.  I decided mid-walk that I was going to walk down all the way to the gas station to pick up cranberry juice in case the urge to drink a cosmopolitan hit me.

All told, I walked for about 50 minutes, even though I didn't hit 10,000 steps, unfortunately.  I tried to "breathe better while walking," and that will take some getting used to because I still don't quite understand it.  And I still have trouble living in the moment, hearing my footsteps and seeing how quite and peaceful and beautiful my surroundings are, because I'm thinking about, well, breathing and what I should do once I get home, etc.

But do I regret walking outside when it's above freezing in late January when I could be doing something else?  No.  Absolutely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment