Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Just Like Old Times At Work, Sadly

So for the first time in months, I am working in My Main Department all week, even though I took yesterday/Monday off.  No file room, no Third or Fourth Departments -- nope, just data entry ... well, that and all the other stuff I do in My Main Department.

At one time, if I were stuck out there, I would've been happy.  But now that I've gotten into the thick of things and realize that things back there are a bit more flexible and easygoing, I hate that I'm stuck in My Main Department all week.  Why?  Well, first of all, I need to get there at 7 each day, which means I have to wake up at 6, which is an hour earlier than I want to wake up.  Second of all, I am not having a full night's sleep where I wake up at 6, so invariably I will be getting drowsy at some point while keying, and that's not good.  And third of all, I have one day where I am going into the lab in the morning (presumably to reach into packages of leaked piss bottles, yay me) and scanning forms in the afternoon.  I can't think of a time where I'm in My Main Department and won't be typing at all.  And while I am bored to death with doing data entry, spending all day on my feet doing two jobs I'm not too keen on is a first, and it's a first I don't want to experience at all.

With this third person fully integrated in The Fourth Department, two of three people will be working back there each week, which means one of us will rotate in all week at My Main Department tri-weekly (or at least that's the thinking).  It's inevitable.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Should I be looking for a new job again?  I should be looking for a new job again.

No comments:

Post a Comment