Saturday, August 17, 2024

I Am A Dirty Old Man

So I went to the Cage The Elephant concert at Target Center Monday.  Cage The Elephant bridges the gap between alternative and the most popular strain of rock nowadays.  Similarly, they are not too highbrow and not too lowbrow.  What they are, however -- and I am pretty surprised by this -- is that if the concertgoers are any true indication, the band's fans skew young.  I like many of their songs; I'm surprised at how many of theirs I knew as they played them.  But these guys have been around for some time.  Definitely not the grunge era, but if they have racked up hit after hit from album after album, there's got to be fans my age, or maybe just several years younger, who have grown up and grown old listening and singing along to their music.

Not true.  I venture to guess that I may have been part of the oldest 1% of the concertgoers in the arena.  And I was looking at all the women who went.  Honestly, to a girl, the vast majority of them had to be in their twenties.  Even for those sporting a few tattoos, I can't believe they would be older than 30.  Again, it's shocking.  I estimate that Cage The Elephant broke out when these young women were in elementary school.

Which raised a conundrum.  To a woman, nearly all of them were hot and showing of their hot midriffs by wearing crop tops.  If I were twenty or even ten years younger, I wouldn't be having the erectile dysfunction I have now, and I would be sporting my hard-on proud.  Still, I noticed all the talent at the concert, and I was aroused.  And yet ... these girls are just about half my age now, therefore the thought I had foremost in my mind is, "You should put more clothes on, ladies!"

I am a man, and I am dirty, but I am getting quite, quite old.

No comments:

Post a Comment