Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Spent almost seven hours at the Fair yesterday/Tuesday, from just past 1 p.m. to just before 8 p.m.  Did all the food and drinks I wanted to consume, and even though many reviewers thought this year was a very disappointing year when it comes to new foods, the four rookie foods I zeroed in on were all really good.  Had four drinks as well, all of which I liked.  The worst of the four, the Purple Reign IPA from Dino's, wasn't all that bad -- I was thirsty enough from all my walking that I was able to down it with ease -- plus I got these Prince-inspired, Lolita-like purple heart-lensed sunglasses.  By the way, the best of the drinks was the Honey 'n' Spice Espresso Shake-Up from Hamline Church Dining Hall.  It was so good that, when I go back (and I will, maybe even twice more, because I love the people-watching), I think I'll get it again.

Now, I did feel it when I got back home and had to hit the head, if you know what I mean.  (Aside: The Eco Building had this big pillow in the shape of human fecal matter representing the amount of human solid waste an adult expels out of his or her body every year.  It's 312 pounds, if you're wondering.  No, I didn't need to see the representation of a turd.  I saw one group snap a photo next to it.)  But all in all, it was a beautiful day, and I want to take stock of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment