Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Well, now that I have one foot out the door of work, yesterday/Monday happens, where new city-instituted rules regarding paid time off actually make it easier for me to use my days off when I want to.  And then I overhear my boss saying they are indeed looking for another person to work the same position as I do.  Instead of thinking I'll get pushed out, I am thinking that there is still room to grow in the departments I work in, and thus the company is still (for now) stable.  Finally, my boss e-mailed me asking if I can work three Saturdays from now and, instead of taking paid time off that Tuesday (which is the day after Labor Day; I'm going to Vegas that weekend), I just work normally and get holiday pay for Labor Day, to which I agreed.

So now I feel secure in this job and won't look for other work.  See how easily satisfied (and compliant) I can be with just a little encouragement?

No comments:

Post a Comment