Monday, January 4, 2016

Back To The Grind

I overheard one person complain over the weekend that the Christmas/New Year's Day combination should not have come virtually on the weekend because she couldn't wait for it to be over.  I am kind of torn.  I have made my feelings known already, but it's going to hit me come this morning: The holidays are ovah.

So back to schlepping 45 minutes to work and 60 minutes away from it.  And back to deciding to wait out traffic at the Megamall instead.  And being so tired that instead of catching up on your parents' mail or, you know, showering you instead go to sleep immediately.  And getting tired of the winter, which is settling in, which is a surprise to me.

It's all a matter of timing, of course.  When I was complaining about the holidays, I wanted it to be over.  Now that they are just about over, well, I wish they were still going on.  So in that sense I kind of liked the fact that Christmas and New Year's fell on Fridays because they made for back-to-back three-day weekends, which let me settle in nicely into doing absolutely nothing for a good long while.  So what if I get flabby on my way back to work in several hours?  I was in a lazy zone and loving it, because I deserve it.

It's all done with now.  Time to get on with the rest of my year, and life, only because I have to.  But I am totally feeling this.


No comments:

Post a Comment