Sunday, January 3, 2016

First My Uncle, Now My Aunt

Was watching soccer downtown this morning when I got a call from, of all people, my cousin.

He said my aunt, his mom, is in the hospital.  In fact, my aunt didn't want the family to know that she has been in the hospital three times in the past 2 1/2 weeks -- and she'll have to go back in 6-8 weeks for surgery.

Exactly three years ago today, January 3, my uncle, her husband, died.  I don't know if this is coincidence or my aunt feeling depressed on the anniversary of my uncle's passing.

But she's fine, for now.  I need to look forward, however.  After she gets past this and the swelling subsides, she has this surgery.  And from what I hear, it is supposed to make up for what sounds like a botched surgery and the complications from it, both of which are the first two reasons my aunt went to the hospital.

I can't lose my aunt now, no way.  This is the shitty part about life: All the sudden blindsides it springs on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment