Monday, January 18, 2016

That Much?!

Just went down to the cafeteria because I felt hungry.  Had the entree, which was pasta shells stuffed with, like, ricotta cheese or something, with meatballs.  It was great, and it hit the spot, but I had to pay, get this, $7.23.  For such a small box?  At 49 cents an ounce?  I had to ask the cashier if she got it right.  I guess she did.

I've noticed that I've been getting more food from the cafeteria lately.  I've been complaining here about eating too much.  And although I don't know if I ate too much yesterday -- a Bloody Mary, beans and toast and a sandwich for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, and I heated up a pizza late in the night -- I could have gone without the pizza, I reckon.  So how come I feel so hungry at work?

I don't know, but the fact that I just spent seven-and-a-half bucks on lunch may put a stop to it.  Can't spend this much every day on food here.  I took some time on Saturday to clip coupons, and one of them was for applesauce.  When I took some cups from working Vikings games, I brought them here to eat.  Tided me over just fine, and it was free.  Maybe I should be doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment