Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I'm Blogging About My Sort-Of Tossed Cubicle Because I Feel Like I Need To Blog A Second Post For The Day Because My Boss Is Not Physically At Work

So in the morning, when I came in (on-time, though early because I need to make up hours for the week), something wasn't right.  In particular, the key for the cabinet that I hide underneath the sleeping mask I picked up from a presentation was out in the open for all to see.

My first thought was to see if either my boss or one of the people I also work for needed access to my cabinet.  After all, I left forms to one of them that I needed to give to her weeks ago, and she might be mad and think I have more I needed to give her.  But then I saw a few other things missing: The knife I use to stir my coffee which I keep for the week, and a Godiva wrapper that contained the free chocolate I get from them every month as a member of the company's rewards program.

I then relaxed and came up with a more reasonable conclusion: In the early evening, when I wasn't here yesterday because I left work early, the janitor decided to pick up a few things from my cluttered, quasi-dirty desk.  She saw the wrapper and probably turned over the sleeping mask the wrapper was on top of, either by mistake or because she thought there was more trash underneath the mask.  Now, that does not answer why she didn't pick up the Milky Way, Twix and tiramisu wrappers that are still on my desk, as well as the chopstick sleeves from when I buy sushi.  But it's a more plausible theory than thinking my co-worker wanted to find my work documents in anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment