Friday, March 16, 2018

Too Much Money Spent On Too Much Food

Despite my steady paychecks (at least for now), the money moves out of my checking account as soon as it comes in.  It kind of sucks, largely because I don't see tangible, for lack of a better word, "investments" that money is going toward.  I regularly put money into a couple investment accounts, but other than that, I'm not really "bettering" myself with all the money I spend.  I guess you could say I keep myself sane with all the cash that goes to strippers, but come on, that's more of an urge than a need.

No, most of it is going to food I buy outside of the house.  Especially this week, but probably before that, I have bought food for lunch and dinner.  I have virtually run out of food at home, but I think I am using that fact and that my parents are coming home next week (fucking gulp) to overcompensate by spending a lot of money on a lot of food.

For example, with lunch tonight, I am going to be buying food for the work commissary each day all week.  Don't know if I've done that yet this season.  The food is good, don't get me wrong.  But I usually try to control myself by not eating, or subsisting on other food I brought from home.  Not this week.  Not only that, but I am getting huge amounts of food.  I spent ten bucks on a tamale on Tuesday, I believe, and it's not the first day I've spent more than ten bucks here.

And even though I made a point of going out to eat while my folks were gone, I really didn't put that into practice until, well, this week.  I might go to Hooters for the second time this week.  I went to this great restaurant, Heyday, to work on my bracket on Tuesday.  I went to two places after work last (Thursday) night: Green Mill because I got a free pizza for my birthday and then this bar in St. Paul where a guy who bartends there was someone I worked with for the Super Bowl.  (Didn't see him.  Maybe I have to go back there again.)  I realized last night that I have not come home directly from work one day this week.  That's because I'm eating out after work.

So it should be no surprise that when (well actually if) I look at my account, it's as if I haven't worked to make money nor went out to spend money.  It truly is remarkable that with all the work I'm doing, I'm running in place.  I hate the situation I'm in, and then I have to remember that I put myself in that situation.

Oh, well.  I'm getting fish now for lunch.  Ten bucks, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment