Sunday, March 11, 2018

Bracketology As Of Sunday Morning

Wow.  Now, for the first time in decades, the Selection Show will go from free TV (CBS) to cable (TBS)?  I used to love the Selection Show; now I'm determined to be attending the Twin Cities Auto Show instead of needing to find a place that has cable.

Oh, and they're going to reveal all the teams that made it, and then go back and reveal the matchups?  So you're essentially calling out each tournament team twice?  And that's the reason the show is back up to a bloated two hours?  Yet another fuck-up in a series of them since this new contract CBS and Turner made with the NCAA.  This tournament used to be perfect, and now it's a goddamn disaster.

Anyway, I have the auto show I want to go to and soccer to watch and maybe I'll exercise and maybe I'll go to the coffee shop and maybe I'll go to the strip club too, and I'll do no cleaning at home.  So I'll just note that some bracketologists have not put in their bracketologies updated for Saturday's games, but nevertheless I am going to give you the aggregated results via The Bracket Matrix:

Real Last Four In (in order): St. Bonaventure, Florida St., USC, UCLA
Play-In Games/Should Be Leading Contenders For The NIT (in order): Oklahoma, Texas, St. Mary's (CA), Arizona St.
"Last" Four Out (in order): Louisville, Syracuse, Oklahoma St., Middle Tennessee St.

There is precisely one bid thief left: Davidson in the Atlantic 10.  If the Wildcats defeat Rhode Island, both it and the Rams will make The Big Dance and bump off the last play-in entrant -- Arizona St. in this case, but again, it hasn't been updated to include the input of other bracketologists.  But I'm calling it, and there we shall see which teams are in and which barely did not make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment