Sunday, March 4, 2018

Addendum To: Something's Not Right At Work

Well, on Friday afternoon my boss did come around and, after telling me that she sent me an e-mail requesting the latest version of the spreadsheet I'm working on (mental note: I have to check my e-mail every time I come back from lunch!), did touch on the subject of my future employment.  She came by, of course, after I got caught surfing the Internet, whoops.

She did note that me not getting forms was intentional.  Moreover, the spreadsheet that's been my main concern at my job probably will end.  She no longer sees any value in the stuff I'm putting on there.  The next step is telling her boss her findings.  I might plug ahead with the spreadsheet as is anyway.  Or, we will go to the next phase of the spreadsheet, which, as I took it from the conversation we had, will involve winding down that spreadsheet.  After that, she says there is another thing I might be doing.

So, onto extension of my time there.  She said that with all the stuff she imagines me doing if she gets her way, I will be around another couple months.  That's good.  If I am to still plug away at the spreadsheet instead of ending it -- well, my boss did not say, but I got the impression that I would be at this job a lot longer.  That is also good.  Nevertheless, she is to meet with her boss early next week.  And I am under no illusion that I could be let go immediately after she meets with her higher-up.  I'm a temp; I have to be ready for anything.

Again, I would like to reiterate I like working there and, getting caught surfing aside, I think I've been diligent.  How much that matters is beyond my control.  It's always beyond my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment