Saturday, March 17, 2018

2019 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2

Record, Round 1: 9-16
Outlay, Round 1: $2,250.00
Returns, Round 1: $1,638.81
Loss, Round 1: $611.19

I didn't realize how much fake money I laid out for Round 1.  I was struck by how close I was to either winning or losing several picks this Round.  While I just got under spreads for Davidson and San Diego St, I missed by the hook on South Dakota St., Providence and Georgia St.  Meanwhile, I would have nailed my first-ever five-leg parlay if not for Murray St. completely pooping out against West Virginia.

---

I've noticed something.  I went 23-9 for Round 1 in my bracket.  I lost one of my Eight (that one being Virginia, and everyone with common sense lost the Cavaliers -- and by the way, how about that, huh?  Go UMBC!) and four of my Sixteen, but that is very good compared to years past.  I think I've learned to control my fetish for underdogs.  But Round 2 is nut-cutting time, where it basically is 50/50 whether your pick is the right one.  That gaudy record above is going to fritter away.  And my bracket could still be busted, like it has at this stage last year and the year before that and the year before that.

But for my Anti-Picks it's the other way around.  I throw so much crap wagers in Round 1 that I usually am in a massive hole.  But I learn from the performances from the surviving teams and use that to make better bets in Round 2 and beyond.  Hopefully that holds to form this year.

I am forced to switch to Doc's Sports for these odds because, per usual, they at least have some odds in this short turnaround when Covers doesn't:

1) Loyola-Chicago +5 1/5 $50

2) Seton Hall +4 1/2 $100

3) Butler + 3 1/2 $200 (I hope I'm wrong on this; I have Purdue going to the Final Four.  But the Bulldogs statistically is seen as underseeded and the Boilermakers are playing without their Center, Isaac Haas, who's out for the tourney with a fractured elbow.  So I will Best Bet this ...) $200

4) Butler M/L + (... and then play them to beat Purdue Straight-Up)

5) Syracuse +8 $100

6) Nevada +7 $100

7) UMBC +11 $100

8) Florida St. +5 /12 $100

9) Marshall +12 $50

10) Parlay 2) with 6) for $50.

11) Parlay 5) with 8), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment