Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I Haven't Packed Yet

I leave tomorrow.  In the early morning, in fact.  And I haven't packed yet, not a thing.  Got my suitcase; it was in my sister's room and I took it to my room last night, and I planned on packing things in there, but I didn't.

I have started planning -- how to get to my hotel, what things I want to do there, got tickets to a Rockies game even -- but packing?  Pshaw!

Why not?  On the one hand, it's only three days and I've done this quick vacation thing before, so I think I can wing it and procrastinate until today.  But I've got to be honest: A part of me is not looking forward to this trip.  How can one not look forward to a vacation?  Well, if there's no work waiting for him when he comes back, like me, I'm not.  I don't have a whole lot of money, and if anything, I should be home and not spending money.  But for one thing, I know I will be spending money if I were here this weekend, and for another, Southwest was running their annual deal (or deals), and I can go to Denver for about $100.  I'm a sucker for a deal, even when poor.  But should I spend money while I'm there.  Guess I will anyway, but I'll feel guilty while doing it and regret it once I come home.

See, if I can't fully enjoy myself, feel like I can do whatever the hell I want while I'm there and be OK with everything once I get back, why go?  All I will be is preoccupied with going broke and figuring out what I should do next.  That's not the mindset one should take on a vacation.  But that's mine, and I'm going anyway, prepared or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment