Saturday, June 30, 2018

Rejected By The Health Insurance Company; Was I Not Good Enough?

As my time with the health insurance company wound down, I applied for two positions there.  Both of them were up my alley, and I think one of them was actually at the department I have worked for the last three seasons.

Well, after I applied, I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  No answers.  A month ago one I heard that I was rejected outright for one of the jobs.  That's OK, it was sort of a reach.  But just now I checked my e-mail and I got rejected at the department I had been working for.  What the fuck?!

I really don't understand.  I've demonstrated my competence and aptitude.  I worked hard -- well, as hard as most other people there.  I think people like me there ... right?  So why didn't I get considered?!  Shit, man, I didn't even get a fucking interview.  I got one when I applied for one last year, and that was for something I wasn't an exact fit for.  I don't even get that this time around?  That hurts.  That hurts a lot.

I'm at a loss as to why.  Maybe they don't like me, and word got around and I've been blackballed.  Or ... nope, that has to be the only explanation.  I don't get.  I've been a good worker, didn't make waves, got along with people.  That wasn't enough for them.  I don't fucking know.  And now, since there was little to no work for me last winter, I highly, highly doubt I'll be asked back.  If that's the case, that's one last swift kick out the door.

Man, I did good work for them.  I liked working there.  I had happy thoughts of working there.  But not even a goddamn interview??  What the hell do I do now???

No comments:

Post a Comment