Friday, June 29, 2018

So Fucking Happy, And Yet So Fucking Tired

Good news at work: Turns out that the law firm not only is closed for Independence Day but also Independence Eve, or Tuesday.  I would be bummed about losing a potential day's pay, but 1) I don't really care about this gig too much and 2) that allows me to go to, say, the Nomad and watch both World Cup tournament matches all day.  I like the freedom which comes from having an extra day off!

And you know what?  It was over the course of the day yesterday that I realized that the people who are in the same room as I am are chill and keep to themselves, and that my boss/supervisor does not micro-manage because he is too busy doing other things.  I am left alone doing this job, and I like that work environment a lot.  Still think it's strange af to not give a lunch break, but frankly, this job is growing on me.

Then finally I checked the standings in the Hooters World Cup prediction game ... and I'm close to the top!  I am only two points behind the leaders, and because I am the highest-ranking customer who patronizes the Hooters at the Mall Of America, I think I get a free plate of buffalo shrimp.  And it's not over yet.  The knockout round could push me over the top, which means that I get an HDTV screen and free wings for life!  I really want to forget about the real morass we're in IRL and just fantasize about how much soccer-predicting prowess finally results in me winning a gambling-esque game!

But now I need to end this blog post and go to bed because I am dying of fatigue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment