Saturday, June 2, 2018

This Is Why I Don't Hang Out At Home

I woke up late this morning -- 10:30.  Felt good.  Thought I was owed.  But I wanted to wake up earlier so I could go work on stuff on my computer -- stuff like this blog post.  That's what I get for staying up.

In the middle of a rainstorm I wanted to go out to do a few things: Exercise, get a haircut, print out tickets for tomorrow's NCAA Baseball Tournament games.  As I was getting ready to leave, and to make my excuse to leave, I hear clanging in the pantry, which is right next to Grandmother's bedroom, which I am using.

As a courtesy -- I've got to be courteous to stay here -- I look and see My Father ... uh, moving things around.  There are pots and pans on the floor, and he is moving things on a shelf.  I ask, "Do you need help?"

After a second he says, "No.  You don't know what to do."

I've heard that a lot -- "You don't know what to do."  So I don't do anything.  I don't help out.  And I am free to do other stuff, such as, you know, leave.

That's basically been the story for the past 42 years.  Yeah, I don't do stuff with my parents like other kids do stuff with their parents.  This is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment