Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My Fucking Mother Wounds Me

So after dinner last night My Fucking Mother was carving up watermelon.  I wanted only a small piece.  Then she said something about making sure you take that piece before other people, yadda-yadda-yadda.  I didn't think anything of it as she put the plate of watermelon on the dining room table in front of me, my aunt and our guest, my cousin once removed.

My aunt takes a piece.  To me, they all looked the same, but to My Fucking Mother, my aunt to the small piece.  And she cried out: "My God!  I told you not to let her take the small piece!  You're so stupid!"

Stop calling me stupid, you fucking cunt.

For fuck's sake, the slices of watermelon looked the same to me.  The one I took was a bit smaller, in fact.  Why the fuck did she call me stupid?  You know what?  I'm not so much as angry as I am ... hurt.  That really hurts me, it really does.  Maybe this shows the limits of her understanding of English, or maybe she was just paling around and thought calling me stupid is a way to tease me.  But it hurts.  She didn't need to say that.  And I'm not fucking being oversensitive.

So now I have to decide how am I going to play it.  Do I give her the silent treatment and passive-aggressively let her know I'm not happy with her, possibly pissing her off over something she may have genuinely been just giving me shit over?  Or do I play along and act as if this was water off a duck's back, possibly giving her the green light to say even more mean things to me?  Man, I don't know.  But why in the fuck did she call me stupid?  I fucking hate her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment