Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Too Much Goddamn Food

Since I'm out of work right now, I really don't know what the hell I'm going to do with the lunch my parents give me.  Actually, I should be grateful.  Instead of buying food I really can't afford, I have a free lunch.  But with having my days free, the pull of buying what I want is way too strong.  Maybe I don't want a free lunch; maybe I want my lunch instead.

Such is the case today.  Well, let me take this back.  To relieve the food I'm tasked to pack with me, I asked my parents not to pack a lunch for me tomorrow (Wednesday) because I told them I was going to see the doctor.  Or the dentist.  I don't remember what I told them during dinner yesterday (Monday), but I'm taking a half-day and then I'm "seeing a friend for lunch."  That's good; it gives me time to get my own thing, for once, without feeling burdened to eat something I did not choose to eat.

I did not say that for today.  To my folks, I'm working -- or at least I hope they think I'm working.  So they packed a lunch for me -- a banana, de rigeur these days, and two hard-boiled eggs, something Father had stopped doing.  Mother dyed them red for the birth of my first cousin once removed, aka my cousin's daughter.  She's a month old, so all the eggs must be dyed red.

OK.  But now I have a banana and eggs to eat … plus I want to go see RBG early this afternoon, so that of course must mean popcorn and pop … plus I am at a coffeeshop right now, where I had a mocha with a small cookie.  A part of me thinks I should have asked to "take" today "off" to balance the food I would be eating today and tomorrow.  But then, wouldn't it be weird to be taking today off to "go to the doctor's/dentist," then go back to work for a day before going on vacation?

So I am going to get really fat today from the coffeeshop and the movie and my parents, but then really lean out with just fast food tomorrow.  Oh, who am I kidding -- I'll be fat both days.

No comments:

Post a Comment