Sunday, March 3, 2019

Went to Wendy's just now.  Clipped out a few coupons because today was the last day I could use them.  Got one of their new sandwiches.

And just as I was about to leave, the cashier apologized for not giving me my discount.  I could be mad.  But I should be, and am, mad at myself.  Why in the fuck did I not notice that the guy didn't use the coupon?  I got the coupon because I didn't want to pay regular price.  But when he told me the price, which was regular, I didn't stop to think, "Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.  Dude, did you put in the coupon?"  But I didn't.  I just handed over my money to him.

I'm disgusted with myself.  But I also think what would've happened if My Fucking Father were with me.  He would roll his eyes, scream at me for not paying attention, start to yel-- and then stop because he knew it would be useless to try to talk any sense into me.  He's pulled that shit on me all my life.

I'm replaying it in my head right now.  Goddamn him for ruining my life.

And in the meantime I have to figure out a way to save two bucks on something I usually spend money on.  Fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment