Sunday, March 31, 2019

Goddamn I Hate Motherfucking March Madness

Gonzaga.  Kentucky.  Duke.  I had three teams that I picked that could have gotten to the Final Four if they won their Regional Finals this weekend.  (I had no shot of winning anything in either of my bracket pools.  Unlike what I said on WAF before, I did not realize that I was already eliminated from my frenemy's pool.)  It's been at least three years since I correctly picked a Final Four team.  I can't win any money, so breaking this streak and thus showing I can predict something right is now the only thing I'm living for.

WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK FUCKING HAPPENED?!  GONZAGA -- DEAD!  KENTUCKY -- DEAD!!  DUKE -- DEAD!!!  I GO 0-FOR-3 -- 0-FOR-3!!!  HOW DOES THAT FUCKING HAPPEN?!?!  WHY DOES THIS BULLSHIT ONLY FUCKING HAPPEN TO ME?!  WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE FINAL FOUR TEAMS ANYMORE?!  AND WHY IN THE FUCK DID I TRICK MYSELF INTO PLAYING THIS STUPID, CRUEL FUCKING GAME AGAIN?!?!?!

And now do I realize that it may have been incredibly stupid of me to bet on this tournament because I am working the Final Four.  I am lying to myself right now, thinking that losing three of my Final Four teams this weekend simply could not have happened.  Because if I truly accept the fact that I swung and missed on not one, not two, but three Elite 8 games and going from having something to look forward to in The Big Dance's final weekend into being done early for the fourth fucking year in a row ... well, I might just fucking throw myself off a bridge.  Seriously, this could cause me to have a real bad fucking attitude, and I don't want to feel that while I'm working a job concerning that bracket.

(Aside: Even though I just had dinner, I spent an hour almost polishing off a whole bag of Doritos.  My rage and depression is seeping out in the form of eating my feelings.  Do you know a whole bag contains 1,500 calories?  And I just ate, like, 1,350 or so?)

I should have just stepped away from gambling for just this one year, so I won't be swayed by any teams that reached the Final Four.  I could have come into this gig with no skin in the game and thus a clean slate on which I could project a positive attitude.  But ... no, I had to think that I could master The Big Dance this time around.

Boy, am I so goddamn wrong.

Goddamn, I hate motherfucking March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment