Sunday, March 31, 2019

Why Aren't I More Nervous?

Starting later this morning I will be helping out for the Final Four.  Will be doing that for the whole week.  One of the great perks of my job is their version of Paid Time Off.  I will be using it for the whole week in order to work at Oooos-Bahnk Stadium.  In other words, I will get paid for two jobs for this week.  Is that called double-dipping?  Do some jobs frown upon that?  Who cares, I need the money!

And yet ... I have worked with the network before, but not in this capacity; football, but never basketball.  I really can't assume anything.  For one thing, the set-up on the field will be vastly different.  I can't rely on going up to the booth because I know the announcers will be courtside.  And where is courtside?  I saw the early-season games at the stadium, but I think the set-up for the Final Four will be different.  Moreover, besides the person I've been speaking with to get this job, I don't know anyone for this event.  And this network keeps an aloof distance from the local help; I could be bullied and mistreated for an entire week if I have to answer to dicks.  In that sense, I should be more nervous about what I've gotten myself into.

And that's not even considering getting there.  I believe that the security apparatus for the Final Four will be similar, if not the same, as the Super Bowl.  At least I have instructions on where to go and what I need to do.  It's just that, once I do go there and do what I need to do, I am not treated like chattel.  But I have no right to think I won't, will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment