Saturday, March 23, 2019

2019 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2

Record, Round 1: 13-7
Total Outlay: $2,400.00
Total Return: $3,926.39
Loss Gain: $1,526.39

I had no idea how much I "spent" on the first round of March Madness until I tallied up all the amounts I fake-bet.  But I cannot, at all, be mad at the results.  I don't know if I have ever done so well, record-wise, at the Round of 64.  (Ironically, though, for my brackets, where I gambled actual money, I am in a world of shit.  I have three picks right in the East and South Regions, and as of right now, before the Round of 32, I cannot get any more points out of the South.  I suck royally.)  And thus I have amassed a bankroll I have never had this early in an NCAA Tournament.

It's fair to say that St. Mary's helped me the most.  IRL the Gaels hurt me the most because I had them coming out of the South as a Final Four team, and yet they lost to Villanova.  (I was going back and forth between these two teams to represent the South.  I chose wrong, of course.)  But St. Mary's only lost by 4, and since the line on Doc's was +4 1/2, I won the solitary bet and, much more importantly, I nailed a three-leg parlay with Yale and Florida covering, returning me $695.79.

---

Honestly, I should quit while I'm ahead.  I have said in the past that I have done better in Round 2, but I have precious little insight into the 16 matchups.  But, here goes nothing:

1) Wofford +5 (Terriers can shoot the lights out; meanwhile, Kentucky might be without P. J. Washignton, the player whose play catalyzed a turnaround for Big Blue Nation) $100

2) Florida +6 (A 2-seed has to go down to this round, so why not Michigan?) $50

3) Michigan St. -10 1/2 (I don't want to bet so heavily against my Golden Gophers, but I truly believe they have no shot to even come close to winning this game) $100

4) Villanova +3 (I had thought for some time to take Villanova to the Final Four.  Plus, I don't quite believe Purdue has it this year) $50

5) Auburn -2 (The Tigers are the 5-seed, and yet they are favored over Kansas, the 4-seed who just blew out Northeastern?  Someone in Las Vegas knows something) $150

6) Iowa +8 (I really don't think Tennessee will make it out of this round.  And the Hawkeyes just shot the daylights out of Cincinnati Thursday) $150

7) Washington +11 1/2 (Betting on this because the Huskies play zone defense, and I think any team coming off a tournament game just two days ago will have a hell of a hard time playing against it, inclduing 1-seed North Carolina) $150

8) UCF +13 (I just have this vision that Duke can't shoot the 3 and won't be able to make their free throws.  They'll have to rely on two-point attempts, and they'll all be swatted away by Tacko Fall) $100

9) Ohio St. +5 1/2 (Why didn't I believe double-digit seeds from BcS conferences?  Houston is the opponent) $50

10) Oregon -5 (Why didn't I believe double-digit seeds from BcS conferences?  Ducks draw UC-Irvine, which upset Kansas St.) $150

11) Parlay 5), 6), 7) and 11), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment