Monday, March 4, 2019

Where Not Brushing My Teeth Finally Comes Back To Haunt Me

For the first time this winter, I think, I feel a stinging or a numbness on my right front tooth.  I really feel this sensation when cold air brushes around it, so it's at its worst when I'm, say, breathing in when I'm walking outside.

I don't think it's a sign of getting old.  I think it's gum disease, or some other disease I could have prevented if I actually brushed my teeth every day, as I should.  But I don't, and I haven't.  I don't remember ever routinely brushing my teeth.  I remember my parents teaching me once, and like the dick I was, I cried and refused to do it, and so I have brushed my teeth occasionally, or when I can, ever since.

And now is the comeuppance.  I'm sure of that.  And my years of not brushing my teeth on the regular will probably result in Alzheimer's, if this study is found to be true.  And it would be my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment