Saturday, May 11, 2019

Feeling Scared For Work Today

I am being shifted to a job I haven't done in a long, long time for today.  I'm in this position because, well, it's Saturday, and even though our workweek ends Saturday, well, it's Saturday, and the company gives away personal time like candy, and so people try to get Saturdays off as often as possible.  That has happened for today, and one of my co-workers is taking a (well-deserved) day off.  Combined that with another co-worker working another department, at least for half the day, and that means I need to slide in to this position.

Now, I've done this job, mainly re-checking folders, from time to time in spots -- I'd take one or two folders and do them, whenever it looks like they're backed up or I'm bored and have nothing else to do.  But to be dedicated to this task, for four and possibly eight hours, and to be tasked to do it as quickly as possible, when it's been weeks if not months since I've last been asked to do so ... yeah, that scares the hell out of me.  I feel like I know I will screw this up.

I will have a co-worker helping me out on this -- That Bitch who, well, hasn't been that bitchy lately, at least to me, at least I don't think.  Whatever the case, it'll just be the two of us, so I assume that we will not have time to run into any friction.  But I gotta tell ya, I really wonder if she's going to do or say something passive-aggressive, especially if I struggle with keeping up with work.  And by the way, has she noticed that I haven't showered in two or three days?  Or that I have continued to wear the same pants to work for the whole week (something that I do on the regular)?  She could have.  Let the bitchy hijinks ensue!

No comments:

Post a Comment