Monday, May 20, 2019

#GameOfThronesFinale

I spent my Sunday evening trying to watch the Game Of Thrones series finale.  My first step was to ask on Facebook if people were watching.  I didn't even get a like; I got one reply, from my friend, and he told me I couldn't come over because he needed to concentrate.  Ha!

My next step was something I normally do when trying to hijack events I am too poor to see: Going on Periscope.  But those damn people are hip to my ways, and shut all feeds down fairly early into the episode.

So I did the next best thing: I followed on Twitter.  I should talk about this more because it's indicative of how I spend my free time now, but for the next, oh, 70 minutes or so after Periscope shut illegal feeds down, I just scrolled through my feed, sometimes looking through posts with the show hashtagged, sometimes not (my regular feed is mostly about politics, with a few tweets about the few sports games going on around that time).  And as pathetic as it sounds, I actually was able to follow the main plot points of the show.  I even saw a couple screengrabs, especially the really cool, potentially historic one of a dragon sprouting wings and flying up into the sky right behind Daenerys Targaryen as she walks forward to claim the kingdom ... or, something.

So yeah, that's how I spent my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment