Saturday, May 4, 2019

So, You Don't Want My Business?

Last night, after I blogged, I checked my e-mail and saw that I received a voicemail from someone from the tire shop that I wanted to switch my tires.  She said that they couldn't do that because -- and this blows my dick off -- they only work on European cars.  Wha-wha-WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!

Two things.  One, this place (and I'm not going to out them; I'll explain below) has had "Euro" in their name since the last time I went there, when I got tires switched on my old car.  And that was a Lexus.  If they worked on my Japanese car then, what prevents them from doing it now, 15 years later?  And two, I'm not saying I could do this myself, but I think that installing new tires and all the stuff that goes with that (what do you call it ... balancing?) is a thing any mechanic could do.  It's not a big deal to do this, at least not from my perspective.  So why in the hell are these people refusing my business just because of the national origin of the make of my car?

That shop, as well as the online tire shop, was actually going to go through with the shipment as is.  That meant that I would have to go this shop, pick up the tires myself, and drive them to a Japanese-friendly shop that would put them on.  That sounds fucking ridiculous to me.  Besides, will the tires fit in my car?  So yesterday morning I called the tire online store and asked them to send the tires to a different place, a franchise one.  Tracking my shipment online, it looks as though they were able to intercept my tires before it was physically shipped.  Better yet, this new place is open Saturday and Sunday; my first-choice shop is only Monday-Friday.  So, if these guys ship over the weekend, and if this new place gets my tires, it might be possible to go through this tire change Sunday/tomorrow, a day where I will have some free time.  These guys are part of a chain, so I'm scared I'll get shitty service.  But at least I've found a place that will take my business, for crissake.

No comments:

Post a Comment