Friday, May 3, 2019

I Am Phasing Out Of Time

I am starting to feel the effect of working days and then working nights.  I really didn't think the fatigue would hit me, but yesterday I had, possibly, the three deepest naps I have ever had -- over lunch and afternoon break at my full-time job, and then during my only break at the test scoring place.  Boy, I am tired.

So tired that I swear I did something without proof at work.  Don't want to get into specifics, but with a folder, if I see a problem, I need to document it so people in another department can start tracking it down.  To document that problem, we go to a screen to fill out information.  That's what I did -- I swear, that's what I did.  But upon checking that folder (which is something we always have to do to make sure we went through every single application in every single folder), I saw no record of it.  I asked for the folder back, and then another folder in case I got the wrong folder.  And then a co-worker, God bless her, helped me look for it.

We never found it.  It's as if the record of my documentation disappeared.  Or did it?  I think it's kind of strange to even envision, but I actually thought, after we looked everywhere, that I did this documentation Wednesday.  My co-worker pulled out that day's record and there was no indication I did any folders.  I eventually had to let it go because this was making me crazy.  But I don't know what is worse: Not being able to find this documentation anywhere, or thinking that I did this Wednesday, as if I am so tired from working two jobs that I entertained the thought that something I thought I had done mere hours ago I in fact had done a day ago.  If that were even plausible, I shouldn't be working two jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment