Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Thanks For Jerking Me Around!

Well, a person who was following up on my screener I filled out online for a product test had tried to contact me a couple times -- at least according to her -- and she finally reached out to me through e-mail, where I can finally see that it wasn't some spammer trying to phish or spoof me.  She was trying to find someone that would test out this noise cancellation ... thingy, and with a quick phone call over morning break yesterday morning, I kind-of, sort-of gave her a yes.  It was all contingent upon being able to print out a form she was going to send me through e-mail, signing it, scanning it, then e-mailing that form back to her.  I had no idea whether I could get to a library in time to do it by yesterday or today, like she wanted, but for $400, I would try, or even go to a 24/7 Kinko's (I know it's not Kinko's anymore, but you know) after the test scoring job in order to do all of this.  I told her I would let her know.

I underestimated how much I would have inbetween jobs.  So after covering my ass by e-mailing at my day job that she can send the form now (I checked my e-mail; she hadn't sent it yet), I jetted off to the nearest library to the test scoring place, but goddammit, Google Maps did not say it was being rebuilt.  That's when I psychologically started thinking that maybe I did not want it after all.  So, I thought, I might somehow be too late to get this form in, but hey, this focus group meeting is clear on the other side of town, so maybe I wouldn't make it in time.  And besides, I would have to lie saying that I am in charge of procuring products for my company -- how would I be able to bullshit these people without getting thrown out?  I don't need this money after all!

Checked my e-mail after I aborted the library and just went straight to work; didn't see an e-mail from her.  One last-ditch effort after scoring, and I got an e-mail from her ... saying that never mind, she found someone who sent in the form.  Well, shit, thanks for letting me know now that you had someone else also in mind.  You keep asking me questions and goading me, but you had someone else in your back pocket just in case.  Thanks, woman.  YOU JUST USED ME!!!

Eh, whatever.  So I didn't get it.  I would have to go after work, and if I'm tired now, who knows how tired would I be in a couple weeks.  And besides, this focus group meeting is clear on the other side of town, so maybe I wouldn't make it in time.  And I would have to lie saying that I am in charge of procuring products for my company -- how would I be able to bullshit these people without getting thrown out?  I don't need this money after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment