Monday, May 27, 2019

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Memorial Day, aka Monday, May 27:
  • Didn't even go out on Memorial Day, after all, so let's go back to Sunday the 26th.  I was planning on getting an HJ from this chick, but she never texted me her address.  So instead I spent my time in the afternoon helping out Mother with some real estate stuff.  And I had to print out a couple things for her at the library: 20 cents.
  • Saturday the 25th: After work I never felt so free.  It's Memorial Weekend!  It's The Official Start To Summer!  Like last week and two Saturdays before, I went directly home to dinner, ate quickly, then went back out.  I had once said I had a movie to catch at 7, but the last two Saturdays I said I had to go to the test scoring job.  That is a lie: There were MNUFC matches held both nights.  (Wonder why I lie to my folks about that.)  Anyway, I had a hot dog and a Loon Juice.  Total: $17.
  • I then went to Glam Doll.  Charged my first donut and the pour-over.  Got the second donut for free, so I threw in my usual tip: $1.
  • Friday the 24th: With my day job shifted for the day to second shift and with the night test scoring job finishing up the previous evening, but still feeling as though I need to act like I was working in the morning, I got out of the house only a half-hour after I usually leave the house.  I went to Caffetto for the morning.  Had a discount for a free drink waiting for me, for which I used for a large mocha.  Also bought a peach cobbler, presumably made by someone local.  The price for that cobbler plus tip: $5.05.
  • Thursday, May 23rd: At work I picked up a dime and penny from the floor.  No one else claimed them, so they're now mine.  An Infusion of: 11 cents.
  • On Wednesday the 22nd I skipped the test scoring job and instead went to the MNUFC Friendly loss to Hertha Berlin.  (Those guys have a sweet kit, by the way.)  Hot dog and a Loon Juice, which is becoming my go-to meal: $17.
  • Afterwards I figured I had time to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  Once I spend enough time there, I would be going home around the time I usually get home from the test scoring job.  Kirah I thought would screw me over, again, but this time I was firm with her.  I got a lap dance from her -- just one -- and I didn't buy a drink for her.  I like growing my balls around her.  With a Bud Light and stage tips: $32.
  • We go back to Monday the 20th, where I wanted to go to the U. softball Regional games, which were delayed from Sunday due to rain.  But when I woke up I was hearing Mother downstairs on the phone and having difficulty with someone about something.  So I stayed at home 45 minutes longer than I wanted to.  While she was stumbling around, asking painstaking question after painstaking question, I spent time finishing reconciling my monthly expense list.  She took so long that I finished, so I have to admit waiting for her and eventually missing most of the Georgia-Drake game wasn't time totally wasted.  Afterwards she wanted me to go to the library to print and scan some documents related to this call.  I did that after I went to Dinkytown to watch the last two Outs of the Bulldogs' elimination of the ... uh, Bulldogs (for free, by the way, thank goodness).  I had to redo a couple of the scans because they were too dark, so the total comes out to: 50 cents.
  • At the night test scoring job, one of the enticements is that they offer pop in their vending machines for just a quarter a can.  I don't remember in my lifetime cans of pop being that cheap.  So I took the opportunity to drink a can of Coke and a can of Pepsi during the course of my eight-hour day there.  Total: 50 cents.
  • Back to Sunday, May 19 -- I had the entire day out, and frankly, not much productive to do.  I was holding out for a chance to watch the U. softball Regional.  The Golden Gopher softball twitter said that they were going to play that afternoon.  But it felt as though I left the library for Cowles Stadium right after they tweeted that all games were postponed till the next day.  I walked all the way to the stadium in a gently pelting rain to see the tarp on the infield (sigh).  Well, that gave me a reason to go to Wonders Ice Cream close by.  They are the first and so far only place where I've had Thai rolled-up ice cream, and it's really cool.  I have a receipt (and I hope to Buddha I still have it), so this EWR is only for the tip: $1.
  • Somewhere I found a penny, an Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • There was a fun thing happening on Sunday: A food truck festival at the condos of the North Loop.  Sure it was raining, but for the weather there was good turnout.  The front door to the condos was open.  Still not sure if this was organized by the condo association as a de facto open house, but if it were, well, maybe I should have taken a tour.  Anyway, of all the food trucks that were there, I chose one of the few non-Asian ones: Mama G's (is that the name?) Pizza.  Slice plus tip: $8.
  • Saturday, May 18 -- after the match, there was still a food truck outside, Los Ocampo.  Heard great things about them, so I got a single taco from them because I wasn't too hungry.  The menu said a single taco was $4.  From the change I got, the taco apparently was $4.25.  I don't get it, but I was so surprised that I did not argue.  Maybe I should have.  But I didn't see a tip jar, either, so I guess that makes up for the lying sign.  So again, the total was: $4.25.
  • On Friday the 17th I got a booty call from ****e.  She had said that she does not do one-on-ones anymore, but she now needs the money.  Well, if she just thought of me out of the blue, I can't help but think this is something I needed to cash in on.  So even though this was last-minute, I got some money and went up to her new place where, after catching up, we 69'd.  She had mentioned she hadn't had sex in a long time, and now after thinking about it, I feel bad I couldn't give that to her.  I should think about the needs of my partner a little more often.  I paid: $140.
  • To Monday the 13th, where I went in earlier at the night test scoring project to get eight hours in.  I have Mondays free; I might as well make some money and get out of the house.  Did my best to avoid coffee.  I don't know if I did that, but I did grab a dirt-cheap Pepsi from the vending machine: 25 cents.
  • This project is at an office building that is part of an office park just south of the Mall of America.  I have seen it a ton of times while going to MOA.  It has a hotel and restaurant next door.  On the other side of the building is another hotel with a TGI Friday's right next to it, and I ate there after work on two Mondays.  On the other side of the TGI Friday's is yet another hotel, and I think it is attached to an IHOP.  This particular place I have been to once when the restaurant was serving free pancakes and I just happened to be in the area one morning because I had to drop off my parents at the airport.  Anyway, I went to IHOP after work this night for an early breakfast.  Turns out, eating at this non-alcoholic place is a lot cheaper than eating Happy Hour at the alcoholic TGI Friday's next door.  Total with tip: $20.50.
  • Sunday, May 12 ... only EWR was at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  No dances.  Did buy a beer, a Budweiser.  With stage tips: $10.
  • Apparently I need to go back to Saturday, May 4 now.  After the MNUFC game I was just rooting around.  I had nothing else to do, but I was hungry.  And then I remembered that at Rosedale, where I parked, a Portillo's recently opened up.  Bought an Italian beef and a Coke.  When I retrieved my change, I saw that someone left his or her change at the dispenser.  Sure, I'll take the free money!  So with the defraying change, the total is not what it says on the receipt but actually: $7.95.
  • Oh, I decided to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) after Portillo's.  Bud Light, tips and a lapper from the sweet Willow all comes out to: $34.
  • Back to Monday, April 29.  Went to my old Caribou for old time's sake.  With tip: $6.55.
  • And then back to Saturday the 28th, when I went to the United match in the afternoon.  Hot dog and Loon Cider: $17.
  • I then went to Caffetto at some point (morning?  Afternoon?  Evening?).  Raspberry croissant, large hot chocolate and tip comes out to: $8.29.

No comments:

Post a Comment