Thursday, May 9, 2019

My Two Jobs Are Getting To Me

For my day job, it has now become routine for me to feel drowsy, really drowsy, between 8 and 11 a.m.  Thank God for The Stephanie Miller Show, even if it comes in with heavy interference through my Walkman.  But with not being able to sleep either immediately after work or after dinner because of the test scoring job, the supreme lack of sleep is getting to me, and it bit me as hard as it ever had yesterday evening while I was reading papers.  Man, between 5 and 7:15 I don't believe I was even awake.  I had to reread pages I thought I had read seconds ago, and I swear I had to stare at the page for two minutes before giving a score I had very little confidence in.

This is going to happen again tonight, especially since, well, I'm up to blog post this.  I swear I should just immediately plop into bed after I get home, and yet I never do.  I just hope to pass out before 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment