Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Skipping Work!

While I stand by the overall gist in my last blog post -- that there are many joys that come with my test scoring job -- I ain't going there tonight.  Instead, I have a United match to go to.  It's a Friendly vs. Bundesliga squad Hertha Berlin.  But I paid good money for it, and I could use the night away.


I do sort-of regret buying the ticket.  It is an exhibition after all, and I feel as though not a whole lot of people are going to the match.  But I bought the ticket because of the exoticism of the opponent, plus I thought I would have the night free.  So yes, I bought the ticket before I agreed to score for this project, which is, as far as I know, projected to end tomorrow or Friday morning.


I have thought a lot about selling or giving away the ticket, or just eating the cost and working.  What made me decide taking tonight off was OK is that there is a bonus for everyone who works enough on the project.  I have been told by my boss' boss that I have already done enough to earn that bonus, and that one night off will not affect that.  There is no way to guarantee that, but that man seems to be a straight shooter, so I will trust him.  Besides, I would have had to be at my computer by now, and I'm at a library typing this up, so it's too late for tonight.


Hope the game is fun, and hope there is work for me there tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment