Wednesday, May 26, 2021

I Think I Can Break Free Of Facebook's Texas HoldEm Poker Now

From the death of Mafia Wars, game developer Zynga gave me instead Texas HoldEm Poker, and to entice me not to just drop it, I was given "money" to "play."  I bought in, but I miss Mafia Wars.

I don't know when it started, but a further incentive was a slot machine that you get to spin that will give you money if you come back and play every day.  Furthermore, to guarantee repeat playing, the game has percentage multipliers that escalate the jackpot you can get if you spin the slot machine if you come back on consecutive days, up to 400% after you reach seven days in a row and every day thereafter unless and until you miss a day.  I try to visit the game as much as possible to make sure I reach Day 7 and stay at Day 7 so I can spin the machine for as big of a jackpot as I can ... even though I don't usually play poker.  I haven't played in a while because I've been so busy.

This Pavlovian incentive has made me such a sucker that I get downright depressed whenever I miss a day.  That means I go back down to Day 1, where you get a bonus off of what you get on the slot machine, but it's only 10%.  It seriously ruins my night.  It's pathetic.  This incentive has also triggered my OCD.  In particular, I have noticed that there is a bell curve of payouts that you get, even after you reach Day 7.  It sticks out to me whenever I get a total jackpot of $2 million or more because it doesn't happen that often.  On the other monetary end (especially when I am down to Day 1), it is rare that a jackpot doesn't reach $100,000.  I have come to note whenever my jackpot exceeds and doesn't reach those thresholds, and whenever it does, I have become obsessed the symbols on the line when that happens.  I'm trying to figure out what the symbols mean and which ones are rich and which ones are not.  Information for Las Vegas.

Well, I have noticed lately that Texas HoldEm Poker has changed things.  First of all, the time limit to which you can go back to the game and spin the slot machine (just so you can't leave the game and come back and spin and make all this money, immediately leave and come back and do it all over again) was shortened from four hours to two hours.  Also, it seems (or at least seemed) as though the jackpots became consistently astronomical, like the game was giving away tens of millions of dollars every single time I spin.

Because of that, I feel as though I can finally stop, at the very least, noting every time I get a jackpot that is really small or really big.  I mean, why write down every time the jackpot reaches two mill if it reaches two mill every time?  And that might encourage me to, well, stop going on Texas HoldEm Poker.  It is kind of an OCD crutch to me now.  We'll see; the jackpots have gone back down to sane, but I am only on Day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment