Thursday, May 13, 2021

There's Doggin' It, And Then There's What I Did Last Night (Scheduled Post)

I guess I didn't give a fuck tonight.  The combination of being tired because I woke up early for my main job and grading papers over an essay that does not interest me at all had my eye wandering a lot last night.  And even though I was told not to be distracted by other things, well, I did not pay particular attention to much of what I did while working remotely, I'll admit that.  This was way more, and way worse, than making up things to do in order to get a full day in at work.  Last night was avoiding doing as much work as I could.

I think I'm doing this because I can get away with it.  But I honestly don't know how long I can get away with it.  Our productivity is tracked, and the statistics are posted for all of us to see.  At least one co-worker will be looking through the stats, see my number and the low, uh, numbers for my stats and go, "Who the hell is this lazy shit?" and he or she will be furtively thinking which one of her co-workers is not pulling his weight.  I wonder if that person has figured out it's me.

In cases like these, I clamp down and shape up as soon as an authority figure calls me out on my lack of productivity.  That hasn't happened yet, and I hope it doesn't happen,  But I'm sure it will happen some time before the end of the project, which is supposed to be, gulp, more than a month away.  But shit, man -- there is no creativity over answering this question.  It's the same goddamn responses, over and over and over again ... you have to understand that, you know, my mind wanders in a situation like that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment