Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Slacking Off!

Yeah, I'm not Really Working From Home.  Too many distractions for me in my bedroom, especially when I can easily check stuff out on the Internet after I try reading some child's scratchy handwriting for the umpteenth essay in a row.

But I don't know how I got sucked into the subject that occupied a lot of my time last night: BoJack Horseman.  I have not watched a single episode of the universally acclaimed animated TV show about a depressed, self-destructive former child actor (who is also a horse), but about a half-hour into work I thought about the show and, for reasons I don't remember, I got sucked into thinking about its poignant, bittersweet series finale from over a year ago.  I watched the very last scene on YouTube.  It was 2 1/2 minutes long.  If my supervisor caught me doing that at work, I'd be fired.  Anyway, I want to see it now because the show ruminates on themes such as life and death and passing along trauma, and it seems really interesting, but I think my mind just wanted to do anything else besides looking at essays.

I thought I had beat back my laziness Monday; the statistics, which we get to see daily, appeared to back that up.  But I know my average and total will be in the tank for last night.  It might even be worse than Thursday and Friday, when (and don't tell my company!) I turned on the television to watch the NFL Draft.  I'm bored as hell, man!  I'll snap out of it as soon as I get put on blast for my slow rate of reading by my superiors.  Promise.  Maybe.  Well, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment