Saturday, May 22, 2021

Sleep Debt: Paid

Maybe I'll touch on it further later ... well, maybe not ... but I'm really, really struggling doing two jobs right now.  I can say that the test scoring job has just not been enlightening with my struggle to read handwriting, but I really think it's because I just don't sleep enough during the week.  The evening, as bad as it is for my circadian rhythms, is the time when I can catch up on sleep I don't get overnight.  I have not been able to do that since I picked up this job, and no, I have not gone to sleep early and immediately after the test scoring job.  And as (I think) science proves, the lack of sleep adds up.  I try to catch up during weekends, but two days over five?  I have to think you're carrying over sleep over weeks.

Not to say that I've paid it in full, but last night that lack of sleep caught up with me.  I've been seeing my energy flag and eyes droop late during my shift that past couple of nights.  And when I got done last night, even though I had plans on finishing up the coffee I got at work in the morning and the, uh, pastry Mother made, and then taking a shower, I jumped onto my bed, listened to the Bastard Vancouver-Bastard Philadelphia play-in NBA Game on Sirius XM, and slowly fell asleep.  I woke up once after the Grizzlies upset the Warriors in Overtime, and I must've gotten up and turned off my radio.  But besides that, I conked off until about 5:30 in the morning.  And then my body liked it so much that I fell back asleep around ... uh, 7:30?  And it was those "second sleeps," that type where I rest for less time but for deeper.  I dreamt I saw my friend seated several rows ahead of me at some sports betting event but I never was able to speak to him.

Anyway, I'm up, and I'm rested.  Well, not really.  I feel really tired now.  More sleep debt, possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment