Friday, May 7, 2021

The Parlay Of My Dreams (Maybe)

So on Wednesday, the Twins, Wild and Timberwolves were playing that evening, and all three were playing at home ... and all three lost.  #MinnesotaIsLoservilleUSA

Just looked this up to indulge myself.  If I was in Las Vegas and wanted to manifest my self-hatred by betting against all three Minnesota teams playing that night in a three-legged parlay, I would have gotten the following Straight-Up odds on the opponents, generally speaking:
  • Texas Rangers: +160
  • Vegas Golden Knights: -115 (I am surprised Las Vegas was posted as the favorite even though they were playing in St. Paul)
  • Memphis Grizzlies: -159
If I had bet $200 on this parlay, I would have won $1,383.60.  And if I had bet $300, I would have won $2,075.41.

One of these days, I'll be out in Vegas, and three (or more) Twin Cities teams would be playing on the same day, and I will bet against all of them -- not just hoping but expecting I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment