Sunday, May 9, 2021

No More Sundays?

I was eligible to work today, Sunday, but I did not see myself on the calendar.  Late last week I e-mailed my boss to see if he wanted me to work.  He said he didn't need me to.  But instead of being substituted by the person who eventually will take over that day, on Sunday my supervisor came in.  My boss said she wants to hours to make up for the time later this week that she'll have to miss.

Never heard of that excuse before.  I wonder if that talk from my boss about being "productive" on Sundays was not a talk but, in fact, a final straw that I will not be working Sundays anymore.

There is only one more Sunday I can work, next Sunday, before he institutes his plan of fully implanting the new person on Sundays.  If I am rejected from working next Sunday and having one final hurrah of doing something I actually liked doing ... well, I'll blog post my feelings then.  I really, really hope that this Sunday was a one-time exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment